Maple Syrup Fudge
- Combine the maple syrup, corn syrup, and cream in the saucepan. Place the saucepan over moderate heat, stir constantly until the mixture begins to boil.
- Continue cooking the mixture without stirring to 234Â°F or until a small amount of syrup forms a soft ball in cold water.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture stand without stirring until it cools to lukewarm (120Â° to 100Â°F). Then beat the mixture until it thickens and begins to lose its gloss.
- Add the vanilla and nuts and pour the mixture at once into a buttered pan.
- When it is cool, cut into squares.