Pineapple Maple Rice
- Wash rice by rubbing between palm of hands. Drain all water.
- Add correct amount of water to rice: 1 cup (250ml) long grain rice to 1Â˝ cups (475 ml) water will yield 3 cups (750 ml) of rice.
- Any temperature of water will do. Do not add salt or butter while cooking rice.
- Cook rice in saucepan over high heat, uncovered, until tiny holes or craters form over surface of rice, then switch to low head and cover tightly.
- Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not take lid off. This is the most critical time.
- In 2 Litre casserole, combine 2 cups (500 ml) water and 1 cup (250 ml) long grain white rice. Cover tightly.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir and cover. Adjust power to medium high and microwave 5 to 7 minutes longer, or until water is absorbed.
- To make rice whiter and fluffier, add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice to each 4 cups (1 L) of water.
Combine rice with pineapple, maple syrup, green pepper, butter, soya sauce and mustard.
Toss lightly and serve warm.
Delicious with any meal.